Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Wind Blows Me to the Coast for Winter


Lots of exciting changes are happening. This is the first time that I am able to watch the colors change in Glacier National Park. The aspen's, larches, and dogbane are turning golden as we rapidly approach October in northwest Montana. It truly is a spectacular sight. Eric ( one of my co-workers) and myself hiked up to huckleberry lookout the other day and saw all three seasons in just one hike. This is not uncommon for Montana, mind you. Looking into the northfork was breathtaking. Im starting to recognize that all too familiar knot in my stomach that I get when I know I have to leave this place soon. I will be saying goodbye to Glacier NP on October 3rd and I am trying to enjoy my last week of autumn bliss.


So where will I be going you might ask....I have recently accepted a winter seasonal position at Cape Hatteras National Seashore. One of my former co-workers at Glacier was the one to actually offer me the position as she accepted a permenant position and moved there in July. I am looking forward to working with Rachelle again and also learning about what Cape Hatteras has to offer. I am being brought on October 12th and will work until mid-April. Just in time to return to Glacier!!!!


I am told that I will be giving 2 interpretive programs while I am there. One of these will be a history program and the other a nature walk. A guided walk on the outer banks...how bad could that be?? I will also be working the visitor center, doing projects as assigned, and working a museum. I am looking forward to the new experience, learning a great deal, and meeting lots of new people. so if anyone has free time this winter and is up for some warmer weather, surfing, or yummy seafood give me a shout anytime ;)

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Congrats on the job!