Monday, December 8, 2008

Good Luck.

Today I unwilingly woke up early to deliver an application to the post office. I never realized just how much I hate the cold until this morning. I've decided that I am moving south next winter. The snow scraper seemed to have little effect on my windshield and I could hear her groan and she struggled to start. As long as I am moving south, I might as well get a new car while I'm at it. Zola is on her last legs. Once i finally got all of the snow off of my windshield and got the car started I headed down to the post office.

I walked in the door, waited in line. When I finally got to the counter the women there was very friendly. She had on reindeer antlers. I think she is one of those people who gets overly excited about the holidays. I am not one of those people. I simply smiled and handed her my envelope addressed to the National Park Service. She weight the envelope and sent it on its way. She handed me my reciept and smiled. "Good Luck!" she said to me. I was actually quite shocked that she new that it was an application. I grinned back and thanked her. This has to be a sign right? Well I will keep telling myself that it is.

Good luck? Yeah. I need that for my finals.

No comments: